Position Title: Program Officer
Company: HomeNet Pakistan
Hiring Authority: Home Net Pakistan
Status: Full time
Advertisement Date: 02 Jan 2019
Closing Date: 07 Jan, 2019
Project Description: Home Net Pakistan in collaboration with Aurat Foundation is implementing a two year project of UN Women titled “Empowerment of women home based workers and excluded groups in Pakistan” funded by the UN Women in Quetta (Quetta).
Job Title Programme Officer
Working Section Programme Section
Appointing Authority HomeNet Pakistan
Working Station Quetta
Project Duration Two years
Employees supervised Regional coordinator / Project Director
Contract duration 11 months
Category Project Staff
Proposed Salary 50,000/-Rs per month
The programme officers report to the Regional coordinator.
The programme officers have the authorities assigned to them by the Regional coordinator / Project Director on a day-to-day basis.
The programme officers assist the Regional coordinator / Project Director in the implementation and full documentation of the programme at the regional level.
This includes the setting up, execution, strengthening, ongoing support, monitoring, reporting, supervision and coordination within the ambit of the Project in selected districts, develop and increase interaction and linkages with women in target communities, provincial government, line departments, local government institutions and civil society organizations. To help in developing concrete indicators through a baseline study on women’s participation in formal political institutions, including political parties and local councils. The Programme Officer will undertake initial work and finalize plans to develop innovative advocacy, media and communication strategies
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify programme strengths and gaps and present proposals for the improvement of the programme to the Regional coordinator / Project Director
- Seek and study information and materials that are relevant to the programme and share useful information and materials with colleagues for successful implementation at grass root level.
- Help maintain linkages to strengthen synergies. Contribute to the planning process of programmes as requested.
- Implementation of the logical frame work and impact evaluation quarterly basis.
- Inclusion and empowerment of women home based workers and women excluded groups in Sindh regional for economic frameworks.
Periodic duties and responsibilities
- Participate and contribute to monthly review and planning meetings of all programmes.
- Participate and contribute to networking with other NGOs, workers and employers, federation activities.
- Participate in and contribute to monthly meetings of the project Regional coordinator / Project Director
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly work plans, and budget requisitions, and review their realisation at the end of their respective terms.
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly progress report at the end of their respective timelines.
- Prepare and submit to the Regional coordinator, monthly quarterly, six-monthly and annual reports according to the project reporting formats.
- Prepare and organise conferences, advocacy, and networking and exposure meetings as planned in the annual work plan.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skill.
- Capable of the conflict resolution and multi tasking.
- Regular field visit to target district and communities for implementation of the project activities.
Liaising with government department and civil society network.
- Minimum 3 years of working in development sector
- Experience of implementation and managing gender based projects
- Directly involved in Provincial and district level Advocacy on women issues
- Master in Social science or relevant discipline
- Strong Advocacy and lobbying skills
- Robust communication, coordination skills to explain information and converse with government officials and policy makers at regional level.
- Organizational skills to effectively process all project activities and reporting
- Self-confidence to take the initiative to approach potential outcome for the project
- Ability to meet the deadlines and working under challenging environment.
Good analytical & problem solving skills; Good negotiation and communication skills; Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in diverse cultural background; Good knowledge of computer applications; Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility; Good managerial skills in field level implementation.
All Candidates may apply online through Homenet pakistan website till Nov 02, 2018 or send your profile on email: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, by mentioning “Application for Program Officer” in subject.